I’ve been playing around with a set of TYT DM-UVF10 radios for a few days.
- Sound quality is surprisingly good on dPMR, better than D-Star or DMR. (If you never used D-Star or DMR: at first everyone sounds like they suffer from bird flu, but you get used to it)
- RX sensitivity doesn’t impress, but this could be antenna-related.
- Manual not very helpful (understatement)
- Latest software doesn’t work on my XP machines (Communication Error). Will try Vista or 7.
- When trying to program the radio manually, I messed up the configuration within minutes. There’s no logic in the menus.
- Menus are only partly translated into English, some sub-menus are littered with Chinese characters.
- Secret menus: the firmware of these radios can be upgraded!
- Nice, solid feel.