First of all I want to thank everyone for checking my initial results. Some things I found were a bit worrying and I really wanted to have these either confirmed or denied. The first input came from Markus DL9DMN.
I have a sample of KG-UV950 here, too. Got troube with squelch in 10/11m band, I will have to turn it full clockwise to get it closed, with only small signals (normally S3-S5).
S-Meter is second problem, it shows S9 with signals that should show about S2-3.
Then frequency is not correct on 2m or 70cm. With cold radio transmit was about 3kHz (!) to high on VHF, half an hour later it was still about one kHz to high.
Volume trouble here, too.
The Wouxun handhelds are really perfect and good working/selling radios, but mobile rigs seems to be more complicated for these Chinese manufacturers… :( Can’t sell it at the moment because people really would complain about the things I found in my (one and only at the moment) sample.
Yesterday Brick posted his results which are nearly identical to mine. The only notably difference is the output on 6 meters, which is higher than I could squeeze out of my sample.